Are you an enthusiastic, self-driven individual and want to join a team committed to providing a professional service? If so, we are now recruiting for a part-time Catering Assistant.
At YMCA St Helens, our five core values are:
Compassion in Action – Listening with empathy and acting generously, to be of service with kindness.
Nurturing Trust – Generating ways for mutual trust to grow and be shown.
Focus on Flourishing – Embracing learning in all its forms, growing our confidence, and seeing achievements – great and small – as steps towards success.
Glass Half Full – Playing to our strengths, building capabilities, and communicating clearly, the positive things we offer.
Creating Connection – Providing environments and moments in time that enables us to feel secure enough to move on.
Definition of the Role:
Provides high quality meals and service across our catering facilities.
Purpose of the Role:
To support the Duty Chef in preparation of a high-quality catering offering across our organisation. Responsible for assisting the Duty Chef with preparation of buffets as and when required, taking deliveries of food and checking against the delivery notes.
- To log all food used and minimise waste, updating the daily stock sheets.
- To carry out the cleaning of the Kitchen, Servery, Store Rooms, Kitchen Toilet, Dining Room and Dining Room Tables and maintain the overall hygiene and appearance of the catering department.
- To log any incidents with residents that may be a cause for concern and to report these incidents to a Housing Support Officer.
- To raise with the Housing Support Officers concerns regarding specific residents.
- To log day to day maintenance / repair works required with reception.
- To cover for colleagues in times of holidays and sickness.
- To observe and implement all St Helens YMCA Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake any training as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties as requested by YMCA Management.
Skills and Attributes:
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- High level of attention-to-detail.
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Adaptable to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work.
- Positive and approachable manner.
Hours of work: 22.42 per week
Shift Pattern: 2 days on 2 days off
Salary: £12,499.20 per annumApply online