Definition of the Role:
Providing high quality meals and service across our catering facilities. Creating nutritious balanced and value for money meals, whilst working to a fixed budget.
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for planning, preparation, cooking and serving of breakfast, brunch/lunch and evening meals across the week. Supporting the catering assistant to follow instructions to cook and deliver well-prepared meals.
- To cook and follow all recipes correctly
- Have the ability to multi-task
- To prepare buffets as and when required.
- To check stock and order any stock required to maintain stock levels.
- To take delivery of catering stock, in line with food hygiene regulations.
- To make sure stock rotation is carried out.
- Make sure that stock sheets are altered daily.
- To complete end of month stock checks
- To log and minimise food usage, and all waste.
- To carry out the day to day cleaning of the Kitchen, Servery, Store Rooms, Kitchen Toilet, Dining Room and Dining Room Tables and maintain the overall hygiene and appearance of the catering department.
- To observe and implement all St Helens YMCA Policies and Procedures.
- To log any incidents with residents that may be a cause for concern and to report these incidents to a Housing Support Officer.
- To raise with the Housing Support Officers concerns regarding specific residents.
- To log day to day maintenance / repair works required (form provided)
- To cover for colleagues in times of holidays and sickness
- To read emails daily.
- To undertake any necessary training and to attend meetings.
- To carry out any other duties as requested by YMCA Management
Skills and Attributes:
- Proven experience as a cook.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- High level of attention-to-detail.
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Adaptable to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work.
- Positive and approachable manner.
£13,706 per annum
Closing Date: 20th October 2023Apply online