The Finance Officer is primarily responsible for maintaining the day to day running of the accounts process of the Association. To assist in the provision of effective, high quality full financial and administration support to the Senior Management Team and subsequently, the Chief Executive Officer.
To take the lead in the day to day running of the finance function and support the Association in maintaining and developing the service using the accounting software and associated applications. To ensure the Association remains compliant with all statutory financial regulations and all data to meet key reporting requirements.
DUTIES AND RSPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist the Senior Management Team in the delivery of all financial service operations.
- To be responsible for accurate data input on a daily basis using accounting Software Database (Sage Line 50) and any other organisation systems.
- To ensure all cash management & banking are recorded and reconciled each week and any anomalies rectified and reported.
- To reconcile all the bank accounts within the accounting software.
- To act as a Credit Controller in chasing up payment of all outstanding invoices and to deal efficiently with all credit control enquiries from suppliers.
- Lead the internal payroll processing including pensions and any related payroll issues including any associated processes and documentation, supporting the external provider where necessary.
- Take a leading role in processing and monitoring of all grants, donations and other funding projects.
- To support the Senior Management Team in the preparation of budgets and quarterly/annual audits.
- To produce accounting reports as and when required including nominal sales and purchase ledger reports, budgets, cash flows and trial balances.
- To assist external Auditors with monthly management accounts workings, including prepayments and accruals, updating asset register, raising relevant journals, and control accounts reconciliations when required.
- To engage in Senior Management meetings when and as required.
- To support any administrative duties that is necessary to enable the department to operate smoothly, effectively and efficiently.
- To liaise with other departmental teams where financial processes overlap or are relevant giving administrative support.
- Any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the role.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A professional manner and attitude.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- A flair for numbers.
- Excellent Computer competency.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Proven background in finance or AAT level 2 qualified preferably working towards level 3, or prepared to be developed
- Minimum 1 or 2 years working in finance background
- Good knowledge of Sage 50 required.
- High attention to detail and accuracy and good organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-skill effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptive to change
Closing date: 17th November 2023
Salary: £26500 per annumApply online