Definition of the Role:
To provide admin support to our youth work projects whilst also acting as first point of contact for YMCA St Helens, providing high quality customer service during evening and/or weekend youth activities.
Purpose of the Role:
Support the youth work team to sign in young people, complete administration tasks whilst greeting visitors and delivering exceptional customer service assistance. This may entail answering calls and fielding them accordingly addressing visitor questions and needs and providing an overall welcoming environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Admin tasks including tasks using excel spreadsheets, Microsoft word, poster designing, and social media activities
- Receive enquiries, in person and on the telephone, from young people and the public advising and directing accordingly.
- Contact staff using the telephone.
- Conduct surveillance of the youth work rooms by use of Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV).
- Challenge unknown persons coming into the building as to where they are going.
- Issue and log keys.
- Open and lock various rooms nearby.
- Maintain appropriate statistical information and records.
- Receive information from other members of staff and act upon as required.
- Other duties as might reasonably be expected by the line manager.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong IT/Administration skills
- Experience in front line reception dealing with young people
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understanding the role of an administrator/Receptionist
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- High level of attention-to-detail.
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Adaptable to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work.
- Positive and approachable manner.
This post requires working some weekend and unsocial hours. It is subject to enhanced checks by the Disclosure & Baring Service (DBS)
Closing Date for Applications: 19th May 2022
17:30 – 20:30 Mon-FriApply online