Are you an enthusiastic, self-driven individual and want to join a team committed to providing a professional service? If so, we are now recruiting for a part-time Catering Assistant.
At YMCA St Helens, our five core values are:
Compassion in Action – Listening with empathy and acting generously, to be of service with kindness.
Nurturing Trust – Generating ways for mutual trust to grow and be shown.
Focus on Flourishing – Embracing learning in all its forms, growing our confidence, and seeing achievements – great and small – as steps towards success.
Glass Half Full – Playing to our strengths, building capabilities, and communicating clearly, the positive things we offer.
Creating Connection – Providing environments and moments in time that enables us to feel secure enough to move on.
Definition of the Role:
As a receptionist you will be the first point of contact for YMCA St Helens, providing high quality customer service and administrative support across our facilities.
Purpose of the Role:
YMCA Receptionists are responsible for greeting visitors and delivering exceptional customer service assistance. This entails answering calls and fielding them accordingly addressing visitor questions and needs and providing an overall welcoming environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive enquiries, in person and on the telephone, from residents and the public advising and directing accordingly.
- Contact staff and occasionally residents using the internal public address system and telephone.
- Receive payments for classes, memberships, etc and issue receipts for same.
- Cash up and balance at end of shift.
- Give initial advice to potential new members and direct them to the Programme Staff accordingly. If necessary, book appointments for same.
- Conduct surveillance of the main access points and other key areas in the YMCA by use of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV).
- Challenge persons coming into the building as to where they are going.
- Issue and log keys.
- Open and lock various rooms nearby.
- Administer requests for maintenance items
- Cover Holiday and Sickness for other receptionists where required.
- Maintain appropriate statistical information and records.
- Assist with the administration of the computerised membership system.
- Receive information from other members of staff and act upon as required.
- Other duties as might reasonably be expected by the line manager.
- Experience in front line reception dealing with the public
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understanding the role of a Receptionist
- Cash Handling experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- High level of attention-to-detail.
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Adaptable to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Hours of work: 18 per week
- Salary: £10,080.72 per annum
- GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING APPLICATION